Kipas has become a well-known reputable group of companies in the international markets, with a workforce of 8,000, annual turnover of nearly 1 billion US dollars and the corporate values it embraces. After finding a place in the Top 1,000 Turkish Industrial Enterprises List published by Istanbul Chamber of Industry for the first time in 1991, Kipas group companies have made it a tradition to make their presences in the list in the wake of reorganization under the holding structure, and enhanced their leading positions by climbing to even higher ranks of the list every year. In the list for 2015, group companies Kipas Mensucat Isletmeleri A.Ş. (textile manufacturing), KÇS Kahramanmaras Cimento Beton Sanayi ve Madencilik Isletmeleri A.S. (cement and concrete production and mine operations), Kipas Kagit Sanayi Isletmeleri A.S. (paper production) and Erdem Tekstil San. ve Tic. A.S. (textile manufacturing) are seen to be the 147th, 231st, 258th and 468th biggest industrial enterprises of Turkey, respectively. Kipas Group, including companies awarded with the “Fastest Growing Company” prize, is one of the biggest holdings of Turkey today, in terms of the total number of factories and production facilities.
Total volume of exports made to the four corners of the world by the holding has exceeded the 200 million US dollars mark. Kipas, in addition to being among the leading Turkish groups from the point of export performance, is also the biggest exporter of Kahramanmaras province.
Integrated textile plants owned by Kipas group companies are the preferred suppliers of the world’s leading brands, with an important annual production capacity including 140 thousand tonnes of yarn, 50 million meters of fabric and 5 million pieces of ready wear.
Besides, the capacity to produce 4 million tonnes of concrete and 500 thousand cubic meters of autoclaved aerated concrete a year and 10 thousand cubic meters of ready-mixed concrete a day makes Kahramanmaras Cimento one of the 10 highest capacity facilities of Turkey.
Kipas is also pioneering the region’s agriculture industry with green-housing investments where factory waste heat is recovered and used, and traditional open field operations.
Being conscious of its responsibilities, Kipas Group has conducted many social projects up until today. The modern education complex that was placed at the disposal of the city with a capacity of 3,000 students has become one of the most successful schools of Turkey in a relatively short span of time. The group has built 11 state schools to be donated to the Ministry of Education. On the other hand, health facilities including a cardiovascular diseases hospital and dialysis centres are among the donations made to the university.
Kipas Group’s current total electric power generation capacity of 150 MW is provided by a variety of facilities including geothermal, hydroelectric and natural gas combined cycle plants, and the group has plans to make new investments in the energy sector.
Kipas paper factory, which produces 425 thousand tonnes of Fluiting, Testliner and Opticraft papers annually, has made its mark in the waste paper processing, packaging materials and paper industry as a rapidly growing company.
Kipas Holding holds the nature and human being in high esteem. Our goal is to fulfill our industrial, social and environmental responsibilities to our children and the common values of mankind. With this consciousness, Kipas has started to operate purification and filtration facilities equipped with the most advanced technologies, and the group continues its production activities in an environment friendly manner.
Kipas Holding, one of the leading groups of the region and Turkey with more than 30 years of experience, continuous investments, new employment areas and social responsibility projects, will continue to produce and grow for the people of the country and region with its well-known determination and enthusiasm.
- 1989, the first weaving mill of Kahramanmaras province
- 1992, the first yarn twisting plant of Kahramanmaras province
- 1994, the first yarn dying plant of Kahramanmaras province
- 1996, the first woven fabric dyeing plant of Kahramanmaras province
- 1997, the first factory-scale clothing facilities of Kahramanmaras province
- 2002, the first electric plant of Kahramanmaras province
- 2003, the first denim plant of Kahramanmaras province
- 2005, the first modern greenhouse operations of Kahramanmaras province
- 2006, the first holding of Kahramanmaras province
- 2006, the first cement factory of Kahramanmaras province
- 2008, the biggest education investment in the region with Kipas Private Education Institutions
- 2011, Kipas Paper Plant construction started
- 2011, hydroelectric plant started power generation in Ermenek, Karaman
- 2011, geothermal plant started power generation in Germencik, Aydın
- 2013, second production line of Kipas cement factory came into operation
- 2013, KCS Cimento Gaz Beton autoclaved aerated concrete investment came into operation
- 2014, Kerem geothermal plant started power generation in Germencik, Aydın
- 2015, Kerem power plant started power generation in Germencik, Aydın
- 2015, Kenjes 1 power plant started power generation in Germencik, Aydın
- 2015, Mehmethan and Kenjes 3 power plant investments made in Germencik, Aydın